Job Type: Permanent
Salary/Rate: Competitive + Benefits
Network and Security Engineer – Brussels
Languages: DUTCH, FRENCH and ENGLISH
Skills and experience:
- University graduate, or a high school technical graduate, in IT
- In depth knowledge of IP Networking LAN – WAN, IP routing and routing protocols, switching and switch related protocols and also Enterprise Application flows and protocols
- Vendor Certification CCNA/CCNP or equivalent certifications is an advantage
- Minimum 2 years in a similar support function
- IP Networking, and Enterprise Application flows and protocols, as well as IP Security knowledge.
- Cisco (Core and/or Security), Juniper Core and/or Security) or CheckPoint knowledge.
- Cisco Security, Cisco Wireless, Juniper Security, F5 loadbalancers, Bluecoat proxy, Fortinet firewalls
- Network/Security + level or equivalent certifications is an advantage
Description of work:
- Responsible for the follow-up of our customer’s incidents and problems until resolution
- Perform second line diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Call follow-up with our ticketing system
- Escalation call logging and follow-up with vendors and other 3rd party companies
- Ensure correct escalation procedures are followed on all critical customer calls and requests
- Liaise with the Help Desk and Consultants to ensure swift resolution of faults
- Receive and record incidents, ensuring the efficient and comprehensive resolution of incidents and requests and updating them with progress and resolution details
- Investigate second line support calls assigned to them and identify the root cause of incidents and problems
- Ensuring that repairs are carried out by coordinating product requests and liaising with other team members
- Report and escalate issues to 3rd party vendors if necessary
- Take full ownership for managing the incident to resolution within the service level conditions
- Where necessary, escalate requests and exceptions to the 3rd line support team
- Provide continuous feedback to clients and affected parties and update all systems and/or portals
- Take responsibility receiving calls and incidents at the services desk
- Assist in analysing, assigning and escalating the support calls and ensure client satisfaction and provide telephonic support to clients where required
- Support engineers that work shifts will be required to follow the required handover procedures for shift changes to ensure service continuity
- Interact and cooperate with vendor
- Provide inputs and guidance to continuously improve internal tools and method
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and call to discuss further.
We are an equal opportunities employment agency and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We champion difference in the world of technology recruitment.